Popular Recipes in the category APPLE-CRUMBLE
- Low Fat Apple Fig Crumble Recipe
- Bramley Apple Crumble Recipe
- Quick Apple Crisp Recipe
- Copenhagens Recipe
- Chili-Cheese Jubilee Recipe
- Chicken Salad Balls Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Apple Crumble
Low Fat Apple Cranberry Crumble Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3 mclntosh apples, peeled, cored , cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup granulated sugar and cornstarch.
- In medium saucepan, stir together cranberries and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat, about 5 minutes, until sugar dissolves and berries begin to pop.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture, bring to boil and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute, until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in apples, apple juice, vanilla, lemon zest and pepper.
- Spoon apple mixture into prepared pie plate.
- In medium bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, flour and pecans.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle crumbs over apple mixture.
- Place pie plate on baking sheet, and bake about 25 minutes, until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Note: Walnuts or hazelnuts may be substituted for the pecans.
- This dessert may be easily prepared earlier in the day and refrigerated.
- To serve, simply bring to room temperature, or reheat at low temperature in a conventional oven or in the microwave at halfpower, rotating dish occasionally.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Preparation time: 25 minutes.
- Baking time: 30 minutes.
- Per serving: About 299 cal, 2 g pro, 60 g car, 7 g fat, 21% cal from fat, 14 mg chol 9 mg sod, 4 g fiber.
Full List of Dessert Recipes