British and American idea of “bread pudding” are very different. If you’re from the U.S. then maybe a thick, creamy chocolate dessert. In the U.K., however, we think of a sweet milk and egg drenched bake.
What Kind of Bread Do You Use For Bread Pudding?
- The best type of bread for bread pudding is a loaf that’s going stale but some breads work better than others.
- Unsliced bread. Halve or quarter. DO NOT CUBE
- Any bread you’d use for French toast
Can You Make Bread Pudding Without Stale Bread?
You can absolutely use fresh bread for bread pudding. Just add a little less milk
Popular Recipes in the category BREAD-PUDDING
- Keto Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
- Banana-Guava Bread Pudding Mexican Recipe
- Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce Recipe
- Chocolate Bread Pudding Dried Cherries and Creme Fraiche Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Best Bread Pudding Slow Cooker Recipe
- Caramel Bread Pudding Slow Cooker Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Best Bread For Bread Pudding
Best Bread Pudding Slow Cooker Recipe – Category: Slow-Cooker
- ½ cup (120 ml) egg substitute
- 2¼ cups (535 ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 g bread cubes
- ½ cup (115 g) brown sugar
- ½ cup (75 g) raisins
- Combine all ingredients and pour into 1½-quart (1
- 4 L) baking dish
- Place metal trivet or crumpled foil in bottom of slow cooker
- Add ½ cup (120 ml) hot water to cooker
- Set baking dish on trivet or foil
- Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours
- Yield: 4 servings
- Per serving: 156 g water; 303 calories (7% from fat, 14% from protein, 79% from carb)
Full List of ,Bread-Pudding Recipes
Recipes similar to Best Bread For Bread Pudding Keyword=bread-pudding