Popular Recipes in the category CABBAGE-SOUP
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Basic Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Cabbage Miso Soup with Dumplings Recipe
- Red Beans Cabbage Soup Indian Recipe
- Keto Mexican Cabbage Soup Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Cabbage Soup
Greek Cabbage Soup Recipe – Category: Greek
- recipe for: Soupa Me Lahano Cabbage Soup
Serving Size : 6
- 2 cups cabbage – shredded
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 1 cup onions – chopped
- 12 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon dill – chopped
- 1 cup frankfurters – chopped
- salt and pepper
- Select the white leaves from the cabbage and shred them finer than for salad.
- Cover with water (which is NOT part of the 12 cups required for the recipe), boil for 5 min and drain.
- In a skillet, brown the butter.
- Add the onions and saute until they are a light golden color, dot dark.
- Transfer them to a large pot the 12 cups of water; bring to a boil.
- Add the dill, frankfurters, and cabbage, and season to taste.
- Cook for about 1 hour , or until the onions and cabbage are very soft.
- Serve hot with croutons.
- The soup will boil down to serve 6 to 8.
Recipes similar to Cabbage Soup Keyword=cabbage-soup
- Simple Portuguese Soup Recipe
- Diet Cabbage Soup
- Corned Beef and Cabbage Casserole Recipe
- Classic Portuguese Bean Soup Recipe
- Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
- Quick Portuguese Soup Recipe
- Russian Borscht Slow Cooker Recipe