From our Popular Recipe results for Chole Bhature
Easy Chole Indian Recipe – Category: Indian
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 large onions
- 4-5 green chillies
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 1 large peice of ginger
- 3-4 large flakes garlic
- 2-3 tbsp ghee or oil for frying
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 cinammon sticks
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp punjabi chole masala
- salt to taste
- Blend together the large tomato, one onion, cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, green chillies,cinammon and cloves to a smooth paste using very little water.
- Slice the other onion.
- Heat the ghee and add the bay leaves.
- After 10 seconds, add the sliced onion and fry till the onion turns light brown.
- Now add the tomato paste and fry till the ghee leaves the sides of the masala.
- Add the dry powders, chili powder, turmeric, sugar and coriander powder.
- Fry for 1 minute.
- Now add the chopped tomato and coriander leaves.
- Fry for about 5 minutes.
- Now add the chick peas with the water, tomato paste and salt to taste.
- Add some water to get a gravy.
- Add the garam masala and punjabi chole masala and mix well.
- Let it come to a boil on low heat.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes after it comes to a boil.
- Serve hot with batura.
Full List of ,Vegetarian Recipes