Recipe Category: Portuguese
- 3 to 5 lbs. beef roast (lean)
- 2 tbsp. pickling spice or allspice
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 sprig fresh mint leaves
- salt to taste.
- water to cover.
- Place ingredients in large pot; bring to a boil and simmer until almost tender (about 2 hours)
- Then add following ingredients and simmer additional 30 minutes: 1/2 tsp
- Kitchen Bouquet 1/2 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce Chunks of cabbage on top – side dish Place sliced sweet French bread in a shallow pan and pour meat juice over the bread
Popular Portuguese Recipes
Full List of Portuguese Recipes
Popular Bread Recipes
Full List of Bread Recipes