Recipe Category: Copycat
Yield : 2
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup pickle juice (sour dill is my favorite)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- optional: up to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- oil for frying (about a cup)
- for serving: buns (buttered and toasted) and pickle
- Wrap the chicken loosely between plastic wrap and pound gently with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until about 1/2 inch thick all around.
- Cut into two pieces, as even as possible.
- Marinate in the pickle juice for 30 minutes to one hour (add a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce now for a spicy sandwich).
- Beat the egg with the milk in a bowl.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
- Dip the chicken pieces each into the egg on both sides, then coat in flour on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a skillet (1/2 inch deep) to about 345-350.
- Fry each cutlet for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Blot on paper and serve on toasted buns with pickle slices.
Popular Copycat Recipes
Full List of Copycat Recipes
Popular Chicken Recipes
Full List of Chicken Recipes