Recipe Category: Beef
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup beef-flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 5 to 6 lb bone-in beef rib roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- creamy horseradish sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In small bowl, mix softened butter, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Spray 6-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray.
- Pour beef-flavored broth into slow cooker.
- Rub beef roast all over with vegetable oil.
- Heat 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook 4 minutes on ribs side, then turn and cook 1 to 3 minutes each on other sides, until browned, holding roast upright in skillet with tongs if necessary.
- Transfer to slow cooker, ribs side down.
- Rub butter mixture on top and sides of roast.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 3 to 5 hours or until desired temperature in center.
- For medium-rare, cook 3 hours 30 minutes to 4 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 135°F.
- For medium, cook 4 hours 30 minutes to 5 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted in center reads 145°F.
- Transfer roast to cutting board.
- Cover roast loosely with foil; let stand 30 minutes before carving.
- Cut into slices.
- Meanwhile, stir together Creamy Horseradish Sauce ingredients.
- Serve with roast.
Popular Beef Recipes
Full List of Beef Recipes
Popular Slow-Cooker Recipes
Full List of Slow-Cooker Recipes