Recipe Category: Asian
- 2 sides spareribs or your favorite ribs
- 8 cloves garlic — finely minced
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- zest from 2 lemons — minced.
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup extra virgin alive oil
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Asian chile sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves or cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Place the ribs, meaty side down, on a flat surface.
- Using your fingernail, loosen a little of the membrane along the end of the last rib bone.
- Then, grasp the membrane firmly with a paper towel (so that the membrane doesn’t slip from your grip).
- Holding the ribs down with the other hand, pull the membrane away.
- If it doesn’t pull away in one piece, dislodge any remaining membrane, grip it with a paper towel, and pull the membrane away.
- Then place the ribs in a rectangular dish or baking pan.
- To make the marinade, combine all the marinade ingredients and stir well.
Makes 2 1/4 cups.
- Coat the ribs evenly on both sides with the marinade.
- Marinate the ribs, refrigerated, for at least 15 minutes.
- For more flavor marinate for up to 8 hours.
- If using a gas barbecue, preheat it to medium (325F).
- If using charcoal or wood, prepare a fire.
- When the coals or wood are ash covered, push them to the outside of the grill.
- Place a pan of water in the bottom of the grill among the coals, and cover the coals with the cooking grate.
- Place a rib rack on the cooking grate and add the ribs.
- Alternatively, brush the cooking grate with a flavorless cooking oil, such as safflower oil, and then lay the ribs meaty side up in the center of the grill.
- Cover the grill.
- Regulate the heat so it remains at a medium temperature.
- Occasionally during cooking, baste the ribs with extra marinade.
- Grill the ribs until the meat begins to shrink from the ends of the rib bones.
Approximate Grilling Times.pork baby back ribs and country-style spareribs, 75 minutes; spareribs and beef ribs, 90 minutes; lamb ribs, 40 minutes.
- Occasionally during cooking, baste the ribs with extra marinade, stopping 15 minutes before removing the ribs from the grill.
- To serve, cut each side of ribs in half, into 3 sections, or into individual ribs.
- Transfer to a heated serving platter or 4 heated dinner plates and serve at once.
Popular Asian Recipes
Full List of Asian Recipes
- Chicken Curry in Tamarind Sauce Indian Recipe
- Festive Irish Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- Air Fryer Glazed Donuts Recipe
Popular Ginger Recipes
Full List of Ginger Recipes