Remember grannies recipes? If she made Baked Cut Chicken with Fruit, the recipe didn’t come from some new idea made up for online ratings. Some of these recipes have been in my family for generations. My gran was born 1896. If you like Easy food then we have plenty of recipes including more chicken / baked recipes.
Sorry for the lack of pictures for this Baked Cut Chicken with Fruit – coming asap.
Baked Cut Chicken with Fruit Ingredients
makes 4 to 5 servings
one 3-to 4-pound cut-up chicken
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon mild paprika
1 medium red or yellow onion
8 to 10 good-sized cloves garlic, peeled (left whole)
approximately 20 of each:
-pitted dried plums (prunes)
-dried figs (stems trimmed off and discarded)
1 blood orange or navel orange
Easy Baked Cut Chicken with Fruit
1. Adjust The Oven Rack To The Center Position And Preheat The Oven To 375°F.
2. Rinse The Chicken Pieces Under Cold Running Water, Then Pat Dry With Paper Towels. If There Is Any Extraneous Fat Here Or There, You Can Trim It Off With Scissors And Throw It Away. Arrange The Chicken Pieces, Skin Side Up, In A 9-By 13-Inch Baking Pan.
3. Combine The Salt, Pepper, And Paprika In A Small Bowl, And Then Sprinkle This Mixture Over The Chicken. Use Your Fingers To Rub It Into The Skin On As Much Surface Area As Possible.
4. Cut The Ends Off The Onion, Peel It, And Cut It In Half Lengthwise (From Root End To Stem End). Lay Each Half, Cut Side Down, On A Cutting Board, And Cut It Lengthwise Into ¼-Inch-Thick Slices. Scatter The Onion And The Garlic Cloves Over The Chicken, And Then Scatter The Dried Fruit Over The Chicken, Packing It Into The Spaces Between The Pieces And Letting Some Of It Land On Top.
5. Leaving The Peel On, Cut The Orange In Half Lengthwise (From Top To Bottom). Lay Each Half On The Cutting Board And Cut It Crosswise Into ¼-Inch-Thick Half-Moons. Scatter The Orange Slices Over The Chicken, And Cover The Pan Tightly With Aluminum Foil. Bake, Undisturbed, For 1 Hour.
6. Remove The Pan From The Oven, And Very Carefully Lift The Foil (The Accumulated Steam Can Be Hot Enough To Burn You). Flip The Chicken Pieces Over, Using Tongs Or A Fork. Using A Mitt Or A Pot Holder, Tilt The Pan Slightly With One Hand, And Using A Baster Or A Large Spoon, Baste The Juices Over Both Chicken And Fruit With The Other Hand. This Distributes And Mingles The Flavors As Well As The Moisture, Yielding Delicious Results. If Any Of The Fruit Looks Dry At This Point, Or At Subsequent Bastings, Just Push It Down Into The Juices.
7. Cover The Pan Tightly With The Foil Again, And Return It To The Oven For Another 20 Minutes Of Undisturbed Baking.
8. Repeat The Basting Procedure, And Then Flip The Chicken Pieces Back To Skin-Side-Up Position. Return The Pan To The Oven (Without Covering It This Time) And Bake For Another 10 To 15 Minutes, Or Until The Chicken Is Golden On Top.
9. Remove The Pan From The Oven, Baste The Chicken And Fruit A Few More Times, And Then Tent It Loosely With Foil. Let It Rest For About 10 Minutes.
10. Serve Hot Or Warm, Being Sure To Include A Generous Portion Of Fruit With Each Serving.
More Seafood Recipes with keyword chicken
- Chinese Cashew Chicken Casserole Recipe
Ingredients: 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, mix of white and dark meat, chunked, 1 cup celery, finely chopped, 1 cup grated carrots, 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon (1 1/2 teaspoons dried), salt and pepper to taste, 5 ounces chinese noodles, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1 cup wh
- Easy Sensational Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Ingredients: 3 1/2 cups chicken broth or natural goodnesstm chicken broth, generous dash pepper, 1 medium carrot, sliced, 1 stalk celery, sliced, 1/2 cup uncooked medium egg noodles, 1 cup cubed cooked chicken METHOD: MIX broth, pepper, carrot and celery in saucepan. Heat to a boil., STIR in noodles and chicken. Cook over medium heat 10 min. or until noodles are done. Serves 4.
- Easy Chicken Broccoli Divan Recipe
Ingredients: 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli, 4 boneless chicken breast halves, 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) METHOD:
- Easy Baked Cut Chicken with Fruit Recipe
Ingredients: makes 4 to 5 servings, one 3-to 4-pound cut-up chicken, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon mild paprika, 1 medium red or yellow onion, 8 to 10 good-sized cloves garlic, peeled (left whole), approximately 20 of each:, -dried apricots, -pitted dried plums (prunes), -dried figs (stems trimmed off and discarded), 1 blood orange or navel orange METHO
- Low Fat Chicken Parisienne Recipe
Ingredients: 1 package lemon pepper-seasoned boneless chicken, -- breasts, --about 1 pound, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2/3 cups white vermouth, -- or white wine, 1 tablespoon butter or margarine METHOD: 1.Place flour in shallow bowl; coat chicken with flour and transfer to plate., 2.In large nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, heat oil., Add chicken; brown 2 minut