Remember grannies recipes? If she made Linguine with Clam Sauce, the recipe didn’t come from some new idea made up for online ratings. Some of these recipes have been in my family for generations. My gran was born 1896. If you like Easy food then we have plenty of recipes including more clam sauce / sauce recipes.
Sorry for the lack of pictures for this Linguine with Clam Sauce – coming asap.
Linguine with Clam Sauce Ingredients
makes 2 to 3 servings
salt for the pasta water
½ pound linguine or spaghetti
3 tablespoons olive oil (plus a little extra for the hot pasta)
½ cup minced onion
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 good-sized cloves)
big pinch of red pepper flakes
¾ cup dry white wine
2 pounds fresh littleneck or manila clams (in the shell)
1 tablespoon butter
a handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
freshly ground black pepper
Easy Linguine with Clam Sauce
1. Put A Large Pot Of Cold Water To Boil Over High Heat, And Add A Tablespoon Of Salt. Place A Large Colander In The Sink. When The Water Boils, Add The Linguine, Keeping The Heat High. Cook For The Amount Of Time Recommended On The Package, Tasting The Pasta Toward The End Of The Suggested Time To Be Sure It Is Not Getting Overcooked. When It Is Just Tender Enough To Bite Into Comfortably But Not Yet Mushy, Dump The Water-Plus-Pasta Into The Colander. Shake To Mostly Drain (ItS Okay To Leave Some Water Clinging), And Drizzle Lightly With Olive Oil. Leave It In PlaceYouLl Need It In Just A Few Minutes.
2. While The Pasta Is Cooking, Place A Soup Pot Or A Dutch Oven (Something Large And Deep With A Lid At The Ready) Over Medium Heat. Let This Pot Heat For A Minute, Then Add The 3 Tablespoons Oil And Swirl To Coat The Bottom Of The Pot. Add The Onion And Salt, And Cook Over Medium Heat, Stirring Often, For About 5 Minutes, Or Until The Onion Softens.
3. Stir In The Garlic And Red Pepper Flakes, Then Pour In The White Wine, And Cook, Uncovered, Over Medium Heat For About 3 Minutes, Or Until The Wine Cooks Down To About Half Of Its Original Volume. (This Allows Some Of The Wine, Plus Some Of Its Alcohol, To Evaporate, Concentrating The Flavors.)
4. Add The Clams, Cover, And Cook, Shaking The Pot Occasionally, For 3 Minutes Without Opening The Lid. After This Amount Of Time, Take A Look To See If The Clams Have Opened. If Some Are Still Unopened, Give The Pot A Shake, Cover The Pot Again, And Cook For Another Minute Or So, Until All Of The Clams Open. (Discard Any That Fail To Open.) With The Pot Still Over The Heat, Add The Cooked Linguine And Toss For About 30 Seconds To Mix Well.
5. Remove The Pot From The Heat. Add The Butter, Sprinkle In The Parsley, Grind In Some Black Pepper, And Toss Again.
6. Serve Right Away, Using Tongs To Put Some Linguine In Each Bowl, And Then Topping With Some Of The Clams. Be Sure To Include Some Of The Liquid At The Bottom Of The Pot In Each Serving. Pass The Pepper Mill And A Shaker Of Red Pepper Flakes.
More Seafood Recipes with keyword clam-sauce
- Easy Linguine with Clam Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: makes 2 to 3 servings, salt for the pasta water, ½ pound linguine or spaghetti, 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus a little extra for the hot pasta), ½ cup minced onion, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 2 good-sized cloves), big pinch of red pepper flakes, ¾ cup dry white wine, 2 pounds fresh littleneck or manila clams (in the shell), 1 tablespoon butter, a handful of cho
- Italian Clam Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, 2 can minced, chopped or whole baby clams, 1 28 ounce can tomato puree, 1/2 28 oz can crushed, 1/4 cup olive oil, italian tomatoes, 2 tablespoon butter, 1/2 cup white wine, 4 cloves garlic chopped, 1 cup liquid from clams METHOD: Melt butter in olive oil and saute garlic til golden. Add all other ingredients except cla
- Low Fat Vermicelli With Clam Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: 6 ounces dried vermicelli, -- or thin spaghetti, salt, to taste, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, minced, l0 ounces baby clams, undrained, 1/4 cup dry white wine, freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 2 tablespoons plain dry breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley METHOD: 1.Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente, about 6 minutes., 2.Meanwhile,
- Low Fat Ziti With Garlic Clam Sauce Recipe
Ingredients: 3 tablespoons corn oil, 1 small onion, chopped, 5 garlic cloves, minced, 13 ounces canned chopped clams, undrained, 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley, --or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley, 8 ounces ziti or other shaped pasta, -- cooked and rinsed METHOD: 1.In large skillet, over medium heat, heat corn oil., Ad