Remember grannies recipes? If she made Old-Fashioned Beef Stew, the recipe didn’t come from some new idea made up for online ratings. Some of these recipes have been in my family for generations. My gran was born 1896. If you like Easy food then we have plenty of recipes including more beef stew / beef recipes.
Sorry for the lack of pictures for this Old-Fashioned Beef Stew – coming asap.
Old-Fashioned Beef Stew Ingredients
More Seafood Recipes with keyword beef-stew
- Portuguese Beef Stew Portuguese Style RecipeIngredients: 1 lb. stew meat, Potatoes, 1 sm. onion, 3 sm. cloves garlic, 1/2 c. white wine, 2 tbsp. tomato paste, Pepper and salt to taste METHOD: In a pan add a little cooking oil, let it get hot., Then add the stew meat., The flame should be low., Let meat brown, then cut up the onion and add it to the meat, also add the garlic, and wine., Make sure to stir every once in a while., Also, ad
- Low Fat Beef Stew RecipeIngredients: 2 pounds medium new potatoes, scrubbed, 2 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, --cut into 1-inch cubes, -- trimmed of excess fat, 3 medium onions, quartered, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1/2 pound mushrooms, quartered, 14 ounces tomatoes, coarsely chopped, 1/2 cup beef stock, 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce, 2 bay leaves, 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 cup frozen gree
- Easy Herb Simmered Beef Stew RecipeIngredients: 2 lb. beef for stew, cut into 1 cubes freshly ground pepper, 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 3 cups thickly sliced mushrooms, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1/2 tsp. each dried marjoram, thyme and rosemary leaves, crushed, 1 bay leaf, 1 can (14 oz.) beef broth or lower sodium beef broth, 3 cups fresh or frozen baby carrots, 12 whole baby red-skinned potatoes, with a strip of
- Beef Stew Casserole RecipeIngredients: yield: 8 servings, 2 pounds beef (for stew), cut into bite-size cubes, 1 1/2 cups thickly sliced carrots, 2 onions, coarsely chopped, 4 to 6 potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled and cubed, 1 cup chopped celery, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, 1 cup burgundy wine, 1/2 cup water, 1 dried bay leaf, crumbled fine preheat oven to 250 degrees f.
- Easy Old-Fashioned Beef Stew RecipeIngredients: makes 6 to 8 servings, 3 pounds boneless beef chuck, ¾ teaspoon salt, freshly ground black pepper, 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil (possibly a little more), 2 medium red or yellow onions, chopped, 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour, 3 to 4 cups beef broth (boxed, canned, or reconstituted from bouillon), 1 tablespoon tomato paste, 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 3 good-sized cl