Remember grannies recipes? If she made Quick and Easy Spinach Lasagna, the recipe didn’t come from some new idea made up for online ratings. Some of these recipes have been in my family for generations. My gran was born 1896. If you like Easy food then we have plenty of recipes including more easy spinach / easy recipes.
Sorry for the lack of pictures for this Quick and Easy Spinach Lasagna – coming asap.
Quick and Easy Spinach Lasagna Ingredients
makes 8 to 10 servings
2 jars tomato sauce or 6 cups homemade
¾ pound lasagna noodles (about 12 noodles)
1 pound ricotta cheese
6 ounces (a few good-sized handfuls) fresh baby spinach
1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated (about 4 cups)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Easy Quick and Easy Spinach Lasagna
1. Adjust The Oven Rack To The Center Position And Preheat The Oven To 375°F (350°F If YouLl Be Using A Glass Pan). Have Ready A 9-By 13-Inch Baking Pan Or Its Equivalent.
2. Spoon A Generous Cup Of The Tomato Sauce Into The Baking Pan And Spread It Around. It WonT Completely Cover The Bottom, But ThatS Okay. Cover The Sauce With A Single Layer Of Noodles, Edges Touching (You Can Break Some, If Necessary, To Make A Single Layer That Covers The Whole Pan).
3. Drop Spoonfuls Of The Ricotta Cheese Here And There Over The Noodles, Using Half The Ricotta. You DonT Need To Cover The Noodles Completely With The Cheese. Spoon, And Lightly Spread, Another Cup Or So Of The Tomato Sauce Over The Ricotta. DonT Worry If There Are Chunks In The Sauce And It Spreads Somewhat Unevenly. Layer On Half Of The Spinach Leaves, Pressing Them Into The Sauce. (DonT Be Alarmed If This Looks Like A Lot Of Spinach. It Cooks Down During Baking.) Then Sprinkle The Spinach With About Half Of The Mozzarella.
4. Place Another Single Layer Of Noodles On Top Of The Mozzarella, And Drop Spoonfuls Of The Remaining Ricotta On Top, Using Up All The Ricotta.
5. Spoon On Half Of The Remaining Sauce, Spreading It Around. Layer On The Rest Of The Spinach, Pressing It Down, And Sprinkle The Remaining Mozzarella Over The Spinach.
6. Make A Final Layer Of Noodles On Top Of The Spinach, And Spoon The Remaining Sauce On Top Of The Noodles.
7. Cover The Pan Very Tightly With Aluminum Foil And Bake, Undisturbed, For 1 Hour.
8. Remove And Save The Foil, Sprinkle The Top Of The Lasagna With The Parmesan, And Return The Pan To The Oven. Bake, Uncovered, For 15 To 20 Minutes, Or Until The Top Is Golden.
9. Remove The Pan From The Oven And Cover It With The Foil Again. Let The Lasagna Rest For 15 Minutes Before Cutting And Serving. (This Step Helps Ensure That The Noodles Are Completely Cooked And That The Lasagna Has Solidified, So It Will Come Out In Neat Squares Or Rectangles.)
More Seafood Recipes with keyword easy-spinach
- Easy Quick and Easy Spinach Lasagna Recipe
Ingredients: makes 8 to 10 servings, 2 jars tomato sauce or 6 cups homemade, ¾ pound lasagna noodles (about 12 noodles), 1 pound ricotta cheese, 6 ounces (a few good-sized handfuls) fresh baby spinach, 1 pound mozzarella cheese, grated (about 4 cups), ½ cup grated parmesan cheese METHOD: 1. Adjust The Oven Rack To The Center Position And Preheat The Oven To 375°F (350°F If YouLl Be Using A G