Recipe Category: Egg-Dish
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tsps. minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsps. crushed red pepper
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed or diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6-12 large eggs (1-2 per person)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, turmeric, paprika and crushed red pepper and stir for 30 seconds longer.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet. Stir in the chicken stock, reduce heat to medium and simmer until mixture is thickened slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Make 6-12 indentations evenly around the pan to accommodate the number of eggs being served. Crack the eggs into the indentations in the sauce. Return the pan to the heat and cook for about 5 minutes, basting the eggs occasionally to cook evenly. Cover the skillet and cook until yolks are just set, about 2-3 minutes (longer for well done). Divide the sauce and eggs among 6 individual bowls.
- Sprinkle the feta and mint evenly over the eggs to serve.
Popular Egg-Dish Recipes
Full List of Egg-Dish Recipes
Popular Eggs Recipes
Full List of Eggs Recipes