Recipe Category: German
Servings : 4 portions
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. butter
- In a medium mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix well.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth, shiny, and begins to show bubbles.
- Let batter rest for about 10-15 min.
- In the meantime, heat water in a large pot.
- Stir dough one more time.
- Add about 1 ½ tbsp Salt to the boiling water.
- Press about 1/3 of the batter through a spaetzle maker or shave by hand with a spaetzle board.
- Wait until spaetzle float to the top, then let them cook additional 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now scoop them out with a mesh skimmer or slotted spoon into a strainer.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Toss them in melted butter.
Popular German Recipes
Full List of German Recipes
Popular Egg-Dish Recipes
Full List of Egg-Dish Recipes