The many properties of kale (collard greens) are impressive. Kale is rich in nutrients, a wonderful plant with some important health benefits. Kale can do wonders if you include regularly in your diet and can positively impact your health with many benefits.
It is also a vegetable low in calories and sodium, contains no fat or cholesterol and is rich in calcium, features that make it an ally for weight loss.
Kale has been a staple of the diet in northern Europe for centuries. However, the health benefits of kale are only more recently recognized in the US and other countries. Kale, a leaf vegetable sometimes included in salads, is not actually a part of the lechugao families spinach. It is a cruciferous vegetables more like broccoli and cabbage.
10 Benefits of including Kale in your diet
1. It gives a lot of energy.
2. It is rich in fiber and has few calories. One cup contains 36 calories , 5g. and 0g fiber. fat.
3. It has more iron per calorie than beef.
4. It contains high doses of vitamin K.
5. It has inflammatory properties.
6. Kale is a powerful antioxidant.
7. Kale helps lower cholesterol levels.
8. It is rich in vitamin A.
9. It contains vitamin C.
10. Kale has more calcium than milk if we count calorifically.