Making Indian food at home can be intimidating, but there are plenty of recipes like Cucumber Raita, that are easy. These dishes from India prove just how simple it can be to cook versus takeout. Check your pantry for stuff like cucumber / raita.
OOPS no pics for Cucumber Raita -any day now.
Cucumber Raita Ingredients
More Indian Recipes with keyword cucumber
- Indian Cucumber Raita RecipeIngredients: 1 pt (570ml) plain yoghurt , 1 teaspoon salt , 4 inch (10cm) piece of cucumber , 1/2 teaspoon garam masala , Freshly ground black pepper METHOD: Put the yoghurt and salt into a bowl and beat with a fork until smooth. , Thinly slice the cucumber, place slices on top of each other and cut into strips. Now cut the strips into dice. Scatter over yoghurt. , Cover and refrigera
- Low Fat Chilled Beet And Cucumber Soup RecipeIngredients: 2 pounds beets, trimmed, --about 8, 1 yellow onion, quartered, 8 cups poultry stock, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, 2 cucumbers, peeled and seeded, -- cut into thin strips, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill, divided, 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, optional, -- or low f
- Low Fat Cold Cucumber Basil Soup RecipeIngredients: 3 cups plain low-fat yogurt, 1 medium cucumber, peeled and grated, -- coarsely chopped, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, 3 tablespoons lemon juice (up to 4), 1 clove garlic, crushed, salt and ground black pepper, to taste METHOD: In large bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, basil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper., Add water to desired consistency, about 1 cup., Refrigerate
- Low Fat Cucumber Yogurt Sauce RecipeIngredients: 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or, 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint, 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 large cucumber, pared, seeded,, shredded and drained METHOD: Mix all ingredients., Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled., ABOUT 1-1/4 CUPS SAUCE.
- Low Fat Dilled Cucumbers RecipeIngredients: 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced, 1 large onion, sliced, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, 2 packets low-calorie sugar substitute, 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar, freshly ground black pepper METHOD: 1.In medium bowl, combine cucumbers, onion and dill., 2.Stir sugar substitute into vinegar to dissolve., Add to the cucumber mixture; season liberally with pepper., 3.Cover and
- Low Fat Hot And Sour Shrimp With Cucumber Curry RecipeIngredients: 6 dried red chili peppers, 1 cucumber, 1/2 cup tamarind pulp, --* soaked in, 1 cup warm water, 6 garlic cloves, chopped, 3 medium shallots, chopped, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 pound medium shrimp, -- shelled and deveined, divided, 2 teaspoons shrimp paste*, 2 teaspoons granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon nam pla*, -- thai fish sauce METHOD: 1.Soak the chili peppers in enough warm water to cov
- Low Fat Low-fat Sweet & Sour Cucumber Slices RecipeIngredients: 1 1/2 pounds Chinese cucumbers or Kirby or pickling, -- cucumbers or English, -- cucumbers, Sweet and Sour Dressing:, 1 cup rice vinegar, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger METHOD: Slice the cucumbers in half, lengthwise. Then run the tines of a fork, down the length several times to create a decoration. Scoop out the, seeds, and cut the cucumber
- Low Fat Potato Salad With Cucumbers And Dill RecipeIngredients: 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered, --about 10 medium, 1/3 cup plain non-fat yogurt, 1/3 cup light mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 2 kirby cucumbers, quartered, -- lengthwise, --then cut crosswise in 1/2 inch pieces, --1 1/2 cups, 1/2 cup diced red radishes, -- sliced cut in half, 1/4 cup sliced scallions, 1/4 ucp snipped fresh dill
- Low Fat Sweet Onion Tomato And Cucumber Salsa RecipeIngredients: 1 large texas sweet onion, diced, 3 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced, 1 cucumber, peeled, -- seeded and diced, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon granulated sugar, 5 fresh basil leaves, -- cut into thin strips METHOD: In a medium non-reactive bowl, combine onion, t
- Low Fat Tzatziki Cucumber Dip RecipeIngredients: 3/4 cup yogurt cheese, 2/3 cup peeled seeded cucumber, grated, 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt METHOD: Combine 3/4 cup yogurt cheese, 2/3 cup peeled, seeded and grated cucumber, 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt., MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS., 10 calories per tablespoon; 0., 2 gram fat.
- Portuguese Salmon With Portuguese Cucumber Sauce RecipeIngredients: Grill Salmon (or any fish that you enjoy), PORTUGUESE CUCUMBER SAUCE:, 1 cucumber peeled, finely chopped, 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped, 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1 c. sour cream, 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp. mayonnaise, 1 tsp. dill, Salt and pepper to taste METHOD: Combine cucumber, onion, garlic and lemon juice and let set for a few minutes.,
- Seafood Cod Orzo And Cucumber Salad RecipeIngredients: 1 pound cod fillets -- (2 to 3 lb.), 2 cucumbers -- peeled, seeded and, -- cut on a bias into, -- thin strips, 1 cup orzo -- a rice-shaped pasta, 1/4 cup green onion -- thinly sliced, 8 lettuce leaves, 4 lemon wedges, 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, 4 teaspoons red bell pepper -- diced, salt and pepper -- to taste METHOD:
- Spanish Pepper Onion Cucumber and Tomato Salad with Cured Tuna Loin RecipeIngredients: 3 tablespoons spanish extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, sea salt to taste, ½ cucumber, 1 green bell pepper, seeded and minced, 1 ripe plum tomato, seeded and minced, 8 cherry tomatoes, halved, 1 ounce thinly sliced mojama (spanish salt-cured tuna loin), about 12 slices, 1 scallion, thinly sliced, fresh chervil sprigs METHOD: In a bowl, whisk together the olive