Recipe Category: Indian
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cummin
- 1 teaspoon green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 sticks of cinnamon, approx two inches in length
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 small nutmeg
- 4 black cardamoms
- Place all ingredients into an electric coffee grinder and grind for one minute.
- Carefully remove lid and test by rubbing a little of the mixture between forefinger and thumb.
- Finely ground spices should not feel gritty.
- If necessary, switch on the machine for another few seconds.
- Put the garam masala into a small airtight container, preferably made of glass or plastic, and label.
Popular Indian Recipes
Full List of Indian Recipes
Popular Vegetarian Recipes
Full List of Vegetarian Recipes