Making Indian food at home can be intimidating, but there are plenty of recipes like Sne’s Dal, that are easy. These dishes from India prove just how simple it can be to cook versus takeout. Check your pantry for stuff like dal / indian.
OOPS no pics for Sne’s Dal -any day now.
Sne’s Dal Ingredients
More Indian Recipes with keyword dal
- Indian Chana Dal Khichiri RecipeIngredients: 1 cup rice , 1/3 cup lentils , 1/2 cup sliced onion , 1-tsp. cumin seeds , 1/2 inch cinnamon stick , 2 cloves , 1 brown cardamom pods, split or bruised , 10-12 peppercorns METHOD: Rinse rice and lentils separately, then soak them in 2 1/2 cups of water for 20-25 minutes. , Drain them well and put off to side. , Slowly dry-fry onions, in heavy saucepan. , When they beg
- Indian Dal Makhani RecipeIngredients: 1 1/2 cups toor dal, washed and drained , 2 tomatoes, medium sized, cut into large pieces , A pinch of turmeric powder , 2 tsp coriander leaves, chopped , For seasoning: , 1 small onion, chopped , A pinch of hing , 1 tsp red chilli powder , 1/2 tsp turmeric powder , 1 tsp dhania powder , 4-5 green chillies, chopped , 1 sprig curry leaves , 1 tsp cumin seeds , 1 tsp musta
- Indian Kali Dal RecipeIngredients: 1 cup Urad or Mah dal , 1" piece Ginger , 12 cloves Garlic , Water , to taste Salt , 2-3 Tblsp Ghee (Can be replaced by butter) , to taste Green chili (optional) , to taste Garam Masala , 1/4 tsp Turmeric METHOD: Clean, wash and add the dal to boiling water. Add turmeric, salt, half of the finely chopped ginger, garlic and cook on medium heat for 2-3 hours or pressure c
- Indian Masur Dal RecipeIngredients: 1 cup dal (Moong -yellow, or masur -pink) , 3 1/2 cup Water , to taste Salt , to taste Pepper , 1/4 tsp Turmeric , 2 cloves Garlic , 1" piece Ginger , 1 small Onion , 2-3 Tblsp Ghee (Can be replaced by butter) , 1 tsp Cumin seed METHOD: Wash the dal and drain it. Boil water and add the dal, salt, pepper,turmeric, finely chopped ginger, and garlic. Cover the pot and sim
- Indian Rajasthani Dal RecipeIngredients: 1/2 cup Green Gram Split (Moong Dal) , 5 tablespoons Bengal Gram Split (Chana Dal) , 1 tablespoon Ginger (chopped) , 1 teaspoon turmeric powder , Salt to taste , 2 tablespoons Oil (I just use peanut or vegetable in this case) , 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds , 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (known as "hing" in Indo-Pak groceries) , 2 red chilies, whole and dried , 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- Indian Sne’s Dal RecipeIngredients: 1 glass lentils or bean mix , 6 glasses of water , Generous amount of salt (to personal taste) , 1/2 tsp turmeric , Splash of oil , Big pinch coriander seeds (or small handful) , Big pinch cumin seeds (or about a teaspoon) , Dry chilli , Ghee or other oil (be generous) METHOD: Boil the lentils in the water with the turmeric and splash of oil, on a high heat for ten minu
- Indian Spicy Dal Fry RecipeIngredients: 3/4 cup toor dal. , Two medium tomatoes , A bunch of coriander leaves. , 2 tsp coriander powder. , Some red chillies(around 10) or 2-3 teaspoons of chilli powder. , 2-3 flakes garlic. , A small piece of ginger. , 1/4 stick butter. , Three small onions. , 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or powder. , 1 each cardamom, cinammon, cloves. , salt to taste. METHOD: Boil the toor dhal
- Indian Tarka Dal RecipeIngredients: 1/2 cup red split lentils , 3 cups water , 1 level teaspoon salt , 1 small onion chopped , 3 cloves garlic finely chopped , 4 tablespoon melted vegetable ghee , Pinch turmeric , 1/2 teaspoon garam masala , 1 small tomato , 2 teaspoon finely chopped green coriander METHOD: Pick over the lentils for any stones and wash them in several changes of water. Put into a saucepa