Recipe Category: Indian
- 1 cup mixed veg (optional, to taste)
- 600g of lamb, off the bone
- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup curd(yoghurt)
- salt to taste
- 6 green chillies, minced
- 1 tsp fresh garlic paste
- 1 tsp fresh ginger paste
- 2 tsp chopped mint leaves
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh dhania (coriander) powder
- 1 tsp fresh cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp clove powder
- 1 tsp cinammon powder
- 1 tsp chopped cashewnuts
- 1 stick cinammon, broken into bits
- 2 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 medium sized onions, sliced finely
- 2 tbsp ghee(clarified butter)
- a pinch of saffron(orange coloring).
- 1-2 tsp milk
- 1 cup deep fried onion slices for garnish
- Combine together spice ingredients and yogurt
- Add the lamb to it and let it marinate for about2 to 3 hours (or overnight)
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cashewnuts, cinnammon, cardamom and cloves.
- Fry for 15 seconds and add the sliced onion.
- When the onions turn transparent, add the vegetables and without adding any water, cook the vegetables on medium heat till the masala is well cooked and turns aromatic.
- The vegetables should be completely done.
- The masala will reduce and lose all moisture.
- Set aside.
- Wash the rice and steam cook it such that individual grains can be separated.
- Dissolve the saffron in the milk.
- Take about one cup of cooked rice and add the saffron to it.
- Now mix this colored rice with the rest of the cooked rice, so that you get streaks of orange in the rice.
- In a deep oven-safe bowl, pour this rice and spread to cover the entire bottom of the vessel.
- Pour the lamb and biryani sauce on top and spread evenly.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 20 minutes at 300 deg f.
- Remove foil and serve hot, garnished with chopped herbs and fried onions.
Popular Indian Recipes
Full List of Indian Recipes
- Yogurt Starter Indian Recipe
- Keto Brined Barbecued Beef Brisket Recipe
- Crock Pot Pork Chops With Mushroom Soup
Popular Asian Recipes
Full List of Asian Recipes