Recipe Category: Chicken
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2/3 cups wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken-breast , halves
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup celery or carrot sticks
- 1/2 cup fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with cooking spray.
- In shallow dish, combine wheat germ, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- In separate dish, combine egg white and 2 tablespoons water; belt until frothy.
- Dip chicken into egg-white mixture, coating chicken thoroughly 3.
- Place on prepared pan.
- Broil 3 minutes; turn and broil an additional 2 to 4 minutes, until juices run clear when pierced with fork.
- Slice into strips and serve over mixed greens with celery or carrot sticks and salad dressing.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes.
- Cooking time: 10 minutes.
- Per serving: About 236 cal, 25 g pro, 16 g car, 4 g fat, 15% cal from fat, 68 mg chol, 353 mg sod, 5 g fiber.