Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken, breast halves , or thighs, 12 ounces total
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks , 1 1/4 pounds
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces , 3/4 cup
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (up to 1)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Place potatoes, sweet pepper, and onion in a 3 1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables.
- For sauce, combine tomato, coriander, gingerroot or ground ginger, paprika, salt, red pepper, turmeric, cinnamon, and cloves in a medium bowl; stir in chicken broth.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn to high-heat setting.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into broth.
- Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes longer on high-heat setting or till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Nutrition facts per serving: 288 cal , 3 g total fat 1 g sat fat, 45 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate , 3 g dietary fiber, 22 g pro
- Daily Value: 11% vitamin.
A, 76% vitamin.
C, 27% iron.
- Food exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 2 1/2 bread, 2 1/2 meat.
Popular Low-Fat Recipes
Full List of Low-Fat Recipes
Popular Dinner Recipes
Full List of Dinner Recipes