Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 4 cups medium pasta shells
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, 4 ounces each
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard, divided, plus 2 tablespoons
- 3/4 cups oat bran
- 1/4 cup fat-free parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- nonstick cooking spay
- 1/4 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons grated apple
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water; drain again and set aside.
- When pasta is cool, toss with salad greens, bell peppers, corn and onion in large bowl.
- Set oven at broil.
- Pound chicken between waxed paper until 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread 1/4 cup mustard evenly over chicken.
- Combine oat bran, Parmesan and thyme.
- Lightly coat chicken with oat bran mixture.
- Spray bottom of broiling pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken approximately 5 inches below broiler for about 3 minutes on each side, or until meat turns white.
- Cut chicken into snips and set snips aside.
- In food processor or blender set at high speed, blend apple juice concentrate, vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard, apple, cilantro, sugar and cayenne.
- Toss pasta salad with dressing; top with chicken strips and serve warm.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Preparation time: About 25 minutes.
- Cooking time: 15 minutes.
- Per serving: About 362 cal, 22 g pro, 53 g car, 4 g fat, 10% cal from fat, 45 mg chol, 307 mg sod, 8 g fiber.
Popular Low-Fat Recipes
Full List of Low-Fat Recipes
Popular Lunch Recipes
Full List of Lunch Recipes