Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lemon & herb chicken gravy
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups cooked broccoli
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 pound gemelli, uncooked, or fusilli or rotoni
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute 1/2 thinly sliced onion and 1 thinly sliced red bell pepper in 2 teaspoons olive oil until tender.
- Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons all- purpose flour.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup leftover gravy and 1 cup reduced- sodium chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce is bubbling and lightly thickened.
- Stir in 4 cups cooked broccoli and 2 cups cubed cooked chicken and cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, cook 1/2 pound gemelli, fusilli or rotini in boiling salted water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and toss with chicken mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
MAKES 8 CUPS, FOR 4 SERVINGS.
- Calories per serving; 37 grams protein; 7 grams fat 1 grams saturated fat; 53 grams carbohydrate; 370 mg sodium; 75 mg cholesterol; 3 grams fiber
Popular Low-Fat Recipes
Full List of Low-Fat Recipes
Popular Dinner Recipes
Full List of Dinner Recipes