Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, and finely chopped , about 4 teaspoons
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- nonstick spray coating
- Cook jalapeno pepper in oil in a small skillet over medium heat about 2 minutes.
- Stir together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine egg and milk in another bowl.
- Stir in corn, sweet pepper, and jalapeno mixture.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients just till moistened.
- Spray 12 muffin cups with nonstick coating.
- Divide batter evenly among cups.
- Bake in a 400°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till golden brown.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 12.
- Nutrition facts per serving: 130 cal , 4 g total fat 1 g sat fat, 18 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate , 1 g dietary fiber, 3 g pro
- Daily Value: 13% vitamin.
- Food exchanges: 1 bread, 1/2 fat.
Popular Low-Fat Recipes
Full List of Low-Fat Recipes
- Egg-Free Banana Passion Fruit Cupcakes Recipe
- Low Fat Low-Calorie Trifle-In-A-Glass Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie With Real Pumpkin
Popular Oven Recipes
Full List of Oven Recipes