Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chicken vodka gravy, * see note
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cooked rice, 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, 2 cups shredded carrots, 1/4 cup sliced scallions and 1/4 Cup chopped Kalamata olives.
- In another bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup leftover gravy or reduced sodium chicken broth, 1/3 cup orange juice, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh mint and cilantro, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss dressing with rice mixture.
- Use with leftovers from Grandma’s Polish-Style Roast Chicken, or other roast/baked chicken recipe.
MAKES ABOUT 5 1/2 CUPS FOR 4 SEAVINGS.
- Calories per serving; 30 grams protein; 7 grams fat 1 grams saturated fat; 39 grams carbohydrate; 270 mg sodium; 73 mg cholesterol; 3 grams fiber
Popular Low-Fat Recipes
Full List of Low-Fat Recipes
- Sweet And Sour Sauce With Pineapple
- Biscuit Recipe
- Low Fat Red Snapper Fillets in Packages with Tomatoes Olives Cap Recipe
Popular Lunch Recipes
Full List of Lunch Recipes