Recipe Category: Chicken
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cups bulgur
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint, or 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- romaine leaves
- Pour boiling water over bulgur in a medium mixing bowl.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, finely shred enough peel from oranges to make 2 teaspoons peel.
- Section oranges over a bowl to catch juice.
- Cover and chill orange sections till serving time.
- Measure and reserve 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Stir together drained bulgur, orange peel, orange juice, chicken, cucumber, parsley, green onion, mint, oil, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and chill the mixture for 4 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, fold in orange sections.
- Serve on romaine-lined plates.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Nutrition facts per serving: 262 cal , 8 g total fat 2 g sat fat, 51 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate , 8 g dietary fiber, 21 g pro
- Daily Value: 12% vitamin.
A, 64% vitamin.
C, 14% iron.
- Food Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 bread, 2 1/2 meat, 1/2 fat.