Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup orzo, or 4 ounces spaghetti , broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add orzo (or spaghetti) and cook, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir for 1 minute more.
- Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and pasta is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
MAKES ABOUT 5 CUPS, FOR 6 SERVINGS.
- Calories per serving; 5 grams protein; 3 grams fat 0 gram saturated fat; 39 grams carbohydrate; 360 mg sodium; 0 mg cholesterol; 0 grams fiber