Recipe Category: Chicken
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 15 ounces black beans, canned
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, Topping,
- 1 1/2 cups white or yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cu egg substitute
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 ounces diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup 50% reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- fat-free sour cream, optional
- shredded lettuce, optional
- salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 424°F.
- Coat shallow 3-quart baking dish with no-stick cooing spray.
- Combine filling ingredients in large mixing bowl; stir gently.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder and salt in medium mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk and oil; stir to blend.
- Stir in chilies and cheese.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls around edges of filling in baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve topped with sour cream, lettuce and salsa, if desired.
- Makes 12 servings.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 210; fat 5g; protein 16g; carbohydrates 26g; cholesterol 12mg; sodium 447mg