Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- ***PINEAPPLE-CHIPOTLE GLAZE***
- 3 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers, packed in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh oregano
- kosher salt, to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds swordfish steaks, up to 1, cut into 4 pieces
TO MAKE GLAZE: In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine pineapple juice and vinegar; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until mixture has reduced to 1/2 cup, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add apricot preserves and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in chipotles and oregano.
- Season with salt.
- Set aside.
- The glaze will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
TO MAKE SWORDFISH: 1.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill.
- In a small bowl, combine coriander, Paprika, cumin, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Rub spice mixture into swordfish, coating both sides.
- When grill is medium-hot, sear swordfish until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side; about 30 seconds before fish is done, brush 1/3 cup of the reserved glaze over both sides.
- Serve, passing remaining glaze separately.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Calories per serving; 30 grams protein; 7 grams fat1 grams saturated fat; 53 grams carbohydrate; 405 mg sodium; 55 mg cholesterol; 1 gram fiber
Popular Low-Fat Recipes
Full List of Low-Fat Recipes
- Low Fat Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Low Fat Bourbon-Pecan Roast Chicken Recipe
Popular Adobo-Sauce Recipes
Full List of Adobo-Sauce Recipes