Low fat dishes can be difficult to find but recipes like Toasted Oat Shortcakes With Basil Scented Peaches are ideal for midweek healthy eating. If you like Low Fat food then we have more recipes including ingredients basil / shortcake.
Hoping to gets pics up soon!
Toasted Oat Shortcakes With Basil Scented Peaches Ingredients
More Low Fat Recipes with keyword Basil
- Easy Bocconcini Skewers Mozzarella Balls with Basil and Tomatoes RecipeIngredients: makes 10 to 20 skewers, ½ pound (about 20) mini mozzarella balls, drained, 1 small container small cherry tomatoes (assorted colors, if available), about 20 small basil leaves, pesto for dipping (optional), store-bought or homemade (chapter 8: party snacks) METHOD: 1. Skewer 1 Or 2 Cheese Balls, Tomatoes, And Individual Basil Leaves On Each Cocktail Skewer., 2. Arrange The Skewer
- Easy Creamy Tomato Basil Soup with Parmesan Fricos RecipeIngredients: makes 4 servings, one 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, 2 tablespoons roasted garlic paste (chapter 1: soups), 15 to 20 large basil leaves, roughly torn, 1½ cups milk, ½ teaspoon salt (or more, to taste), freshly ground black pepper METHOD: 1. Combine The Tomatoes, Garlic Paste, Basil, And Milk In A Soup Pot Or A Dutch Oven, And Place It Over Medium-High Heat. Bring To A Boil, And T
- Low Fat Basil Cream RecipeIngredients: 3/4 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves, 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 1/2 clove garlic, -- crushed and peeled, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste METHOD: In a blender, puree basil, yogurt and garlic until smooth., With the motor running, slowly add oil until blended., Season with salt and pepper., (The cream will keep in the refrigerator for
- Low Fat Basil Marinated Tomatoes RecipeIngredients: 6 tomato slices, 1/4 inch thick, 6 thin red onion slices, 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil, 2 tablespoons nonfat italian-style salad dressing METHOD: Place tomato slices in shallow dish; top each with an onion slice., Pour salad dressing over tomato and onion., Cover and refrigerate 1 hour., Per serving (1/4 cup): About 57 cal, 2g pro, 13 g car, 0 g fat, 0% cal from fat, 0
- Low Fat Basil Red Pepper Muffins RecipeIngredients: 1 cup skim milk, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 egg whites or, 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper, 1/4 cup chopped green onions (with, tops), 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 tablespoon sugar METHOD: 3 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon pepper Heat oven to 400 degrees., Spray 12 medium
- Low Fat Basil Vinaigrette RecipeIngredients: 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (or 1/2 tsp fresh), 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1/2 tsp fresh) METHOD: Put all ingredients in a small bowl, and stir., Let sit about 10 minutes.
- Low Fat Chicken Basil Noodles RecipeIngredients: 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil, 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1, 1 medium ), 1 clove garlic, finely chopped, 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 3, 1 medium ), 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce, 2 cups hot cooked cholesterol-free, noodles METHOD: Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over m
- Low Fat Cold Cucumber Basil Soup RecipeIngredients: 3 cups plain low-fat yogurt, 1 medium cucumber, peeled and grated, -- coarsely chopped, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, 3 tablespoons lemon juice (up to 4), 1 clove garlic, crushed, salt and ground black pepper, to taste METHOD: In large bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, basil, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper., Add water to desired consistency, about 1 cup., Refrigerate
- Low Fat Fat Free Basil Vinegar Dressing RecipeIngredients: 1 bottle -- (12 oz) vinegar (i, -- use white wine), 1 tablespoon peppercorns, 1 tablespoon mustard seed, 1 red jalapeno chili, can be green, looks, -- nice, 2 sprigs fresh basil, 4 cloves garlic, 2 to 4, salt or light soy sauce METHOD: Remove some of the vinegar from the bottle., Put the pepper, mustard seed and garlic into the bottle., Stuff in the basil in stem first (so it loo
- Low Fat Fat Free Tomato Basil Dressing RecipeIngredients: 1/2 cup vegetable juice cocktail, 1 tablespoon powdered fruit pectin, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 clove garlic, minced METHOD: In small bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until pectin is dissolved., Serve with tossed salad greens or vegetable salad.
- Low Fat Fettuccine With Tomato & Basil Sauce RecipeIngredients: 1/2 pound dried fettuccine, salt, to taste, 14 1/2 ounces plum tomatoes, drained, -- and coarsely chopped, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon butter, 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn, freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese METHOD: 1.Cook fettuccine in boiling salted water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes., 2.Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, c
- Low Fat Fresh Tomato And Basil Sauce RecipeIngredients: 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped, 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, -- or parsley, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, -- or red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 box penne pasta, uncooked, --8 ounces, 1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese METHOD: 1.In large bowl, combine tomatoes with basil, o
- Low Fat Garlicky Pork With Basil RecipeIngredients: 3/4 pound lean pork tenderloin, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, 1/4 cup chopped fresh or, 1 tablespoon plus, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 cup chicken broth, 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, -- (cayenne), 4 cloves garlic, crushed METHOD: Trim fat from pork tenderloin., Cut pork crosswise into 8 pieces., Flatten each piece of pork to 1/4-inch thickness between waxed paper or plastic wrap.,
- Low Fat Italian Bean Patties With Tomato Basil Relish RecipeIngredients: 30 ounces great northern beans, rinsed and drained, -- or navy beans, 1 cup finely chopped plum tomatoes, 2 green onions, chopped, 6 garlic cloves, minced, 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, 3/4 teaspoons dried sage leaves, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal (up to 1/2), salt, to taste, olive oil cooking spr
- Low Fat Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken RecipeIngredients: 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, 2 tablespoons grated fat-free parmesan cheese, 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves METHOD: 1.Prepare charcoal or gas grill or preheat broiler., 2.In small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, basil, Parmesan, garlic and pepper; mi
- Low Fat Potato Basil Scramble RecipeIngredients: 2 cups cubed cooked potatoes, -- (about 2 medium), 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, -- (about 1 medium), 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper, -- (about 1 small), 2 cups Egg Substitute or, cholesterol-free egg product, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or, 2 teaspoons dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, -- (cayenne) METHOD: Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with nonsti
- Low Fat Red Bell Pepper And Basil Salad Dressing No Oil RecipeIngredients: 1 large red bell pepper, 1 carton -- (16 oz) nonfat, -- cottage cheese, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 cup basil, minced, 1 tablespoon chives, snipped METHOD: Roast pepper on rack over flame of gas burner, hold with tongs over flame or broil on rack in oven, turning until all sides are charred., Place pepper in brown
- Low Fat Roasted Yellow Pepper Soup With Basil Cream RecipeIngredients: 3 large whol heads garlic, 2 tablespoons water, plus, 2 3/4 cups water, 6 large yellow bell peppers, 3 medium onions, sliced, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste, basil cream, see recipe METHOD: 1.Preheat oven to 400°F., Lightly oil 2 baking sheets with sides, or coat them with nonstick spray., 2.Full papery husks off garlic., Slice the tip off ea
- Low Fat Toasted Oat Shortcakes With Basil Scented Peaches RecipeIngredients: ***PEACH FILLING***, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 cup fresh basil sprigs, 6 peaches or nectarines, ***SHORTCAKES***, 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, 3/4 cup buttermilk, plus 2 tablespoons
- Low Fat Tomato Basil Soup RecipeIngredients: 8 ripe plum tomatoes, --or 16 ounces canned tomatoes, drained, 1 medium onion, chopped, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, crushed, 1 pinch ground red pepper, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, or 1 teaspoon dried basil, 2 cups skim milk, --or 1% low-fat milk, salt, to taste, freshly ground black pepper, to taste METHOD: 1.In large pot of boiling water, blanch the ripe tomat