Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3 egg whites or
- 1/2 cup cholesterol-free egg product
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups sliced papaya, strawberries
- and kiwifruit
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs, about 25 two-inch
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 egg white or
- 2 tablespoons cholesterol-free egg
- Bake Cookie Shell; cool completely.
- Mix sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2-quart saucepan.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into egg whites.
- Stir into remaining hot mixture in saucepan.
- Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in margarine, coconut extract and vanilla.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Press plastic wrap or waxed paper onto filling.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
- Arrange fruit on pie just before serving.
COOKIE SHELL Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray pie plate, 9 X 1-1/4 inches, with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Press firmly against bottom and side of pie plate with fingers dipped in flour.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until set.
Popular Low-Fat Recipes
Full List of Low-Fat Recipes
Popular Dessert Recipes
Full List of Dessert Recipes