Recipe Category: Dessert
- Serving Size : 16
- 1 package butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter – softend
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup walnuts – chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon instant chocolate flavor – drink mix
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons water – hot
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heath bit’s of brickle
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter – soften
- 8 ounces cool whip – thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- walnuts – whole or halves
- Grease and flour two 8″ or 9″ round cake pans.
- In large bowl, blend all cake ingredients, except nuts, until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed; fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 9″ layers for 30-40 minutes; 8″ layers for 35-45 minutes, at 325:.
- Cool 15 minutes in pans; loosen sides and remove from pans.
- Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, dissolve drink mix and instant coffee in hot water.
- Add powdered sugar, Bit’s of Brickle and margarine; beat until fluffy.
- Slice cooled cake into 4 layers; gently spread 1/3 filling between each layer.
- Frosting: In small bowl, combine Cool Whip and powdered sugar.
- Frost top and sides of cake.
- Garnish cake with whole or halves walnuts.
- Refrigerate cake for at least 2 hours.
Popular Dessert Recipes
Full List of Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies With Butter
- Homemade Frosting For Cake Pops
- Almond-Streusel Peach Pie Recipe
Popular Cake Recipes
Full List of Cake Recipes