From our Popular Recipe results for Marinade For Grilled Shrimp
Low Fat Grilled Key West Shrimp with Citrus Stew Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- 2 cups pink grapefruit juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 2 teaspoons seeded and chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 16 key west shrimp
- 2 medium red potatoes (up to 3), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 whole tomato, cored and seeded, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled, cut into segments
- 1 orange, peeled, cut into segments
- In small saucepan, bring juices, 1/2 cup onion, pepper, 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, brown sugar and salt to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until liquid is reduced by half about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour through fine strainer, reserving liquid.
- Chill until cool.
- Pour 2/3 of marinade over shrimp, reserving remaining marinade for stew.
- Let shrimp marinate in covered container in refrigerator 1 to 2 hours.
- Marinade can be prepared ahead of rime, and shrimp can marinate in refrigerator up to 48 hours before cooking and serving.
- Blanch potatoes about 4 minutes, until tender.
- In saute pan, bring reserved marinade to boil.
- Add potatoes, tomato, the remaining 2 tablespoons red onion and the remaining 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro.
- Reduce sauce by three-quarters; add citrus segments.
- While sauce is cooking, remove shrimp from marinade.
- Discard marinade.
- On char broiler or grill top, grill shrimp about 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve shrimp on bed of rice with stew ladled on top.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Preparation time: 25 minutes.
- Marinating time: 2 hours.
- Cooking time: 25 minutes.
- Per serving: About 315 cal, 27 g pro, 53 g car, 3 g fat, 7% cal from fat, 173 mg chol, 473 mg sod, 4 g fiber.
Full List of Casserole Recipes