Recipe Category: Bread
- a large bunch of fresh mint, leaves picked
- a small bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander), leaves picked 3 fresh green chilies (seeded or not is up to you)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1in (2.5cm) piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped 1 tsp superfine (caster) sugar
- juice of ½ lime
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
Butter, at room temperature
- cucumber, thinly sliced (optional)
- To make the chutney, put al the ingredients into a food processor with some salt and blend together until smooth.
- Add more salt, lime juice, or sugar, if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and chil in the refrigerator until you are ready to make the sandwich.
- To assemble the sandwich, spread 1 slice of bread with butter, then spread the other slice generously with chutney.
- Top with the cucumber, if using, then sandwich the 2 slices together, cut into triangles, and serve.
- If you have any leftover chutney, it will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Popular Bread Recipes
Full List of Bread Recipes
Popular Sandwich Recipes
Full List of Sandwich Recipes