Popular Recipes in the category PASTRY
- Sausage Rolls Recipe
- Citrus Pastry Souffle Recipe
- Homemade Pasta Italian Recipe
- Profiteroles with Pistachios and Chocolate Recipe
- Raspberry Chiffon Pie Recipe
- Tempeh Taco Bites Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Pastry
Low Fat Nut Pastry Dough Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- ***SMALL SINGLE CRUST***
- 1/4 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, or almonds or pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- ***LARGE SINGLE CRUST***
- 1/3 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, or almonds or pecans
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 5 tablespoons cold water, up to 6
- ***DOUBLE CRUST***
- 1/2 cup walnuts or hazelnuts, or almonds or pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread nuts in a pie pan and bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Let cool.
- In a food processor, combine nuts, flour, sugar and salt; process until nuts are finely chopped.
- Add butter and process until incorporated.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle oil over flour mixture.
- Use your fingertips to rub oil into the mixture.
- One tablespoon at a time, add water and mix with a fork until dough is crumbly and holds together when pressed.
- If making a single crust, gently form dough into a flattened disk.
- If making a double crust, divide dough into 2 pieces, 1 slightly larger than the other, and form each into a disk.
- The dough will keep, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Return dough to room temperature before rolling.
Full List of Pastry Recipes
Recipes similar to Pastry Keyword=pastry
- Smoked Salmon Bruschetta Italian Recipe
- Orange Cashew Cookies Recipe
- Foil Dinners Recipe
- Grouper and Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- Persimmon Cheesecake Recipe
- Strawberry Chamomile Martini Recipe
- Noodles and Cabbage Recipe
- South Indian Omelette Recipe
- Pho with Beef Pressure Cooker Recipe