Recipe Category: Dessert
Serving Size : 1
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups pineapple-grapefruit juice
- 3 Egg yolks – beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 can pineapple tidbits – well drained (13 oz)
- 3 Egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 9″ Baked pie shell
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Gradually stir in pineapple-grapefruit juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils, Boil 1 minute.
- Slowly stir half of mixture into egg yolks.
- Gradually return to hot mixture.
- Bring to boil; boil 1 minute longer, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Line cooled 9″ pie shell with pineapple tidbits.
- Pour filling over pineapple.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy.
- Gradually beat in 6 tbsp sugar and continue beating until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Spread over filling, sealing to edge of pie shell.
- Place in slow oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until meringue is a delicate golden brown.
Popular Dessert Recipes
Full List of Dessert Recipes
Popular Oven Recipes
Full List of Oven Recipes