From our Popular Recipe results for Plum Cake
Low Fat Almond Shortcakes with Plums Mascarpone Cream Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- ***PLUM FILLING***
- 2 pounds black or red plums
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup amaretto
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- mascarpone cream
TO MAKE PLUM FILLING: Pit plums and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- In a saucepan, combine water, Amaretto and sugar.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Add plums, return to a simmer and cook until plums start to soften, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
TO MAKE & ASSEMBLE SHORTCAKES: 1.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat it with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all-purpose and cake flours, 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingers, cut almond paste into dry ingredients until mixture resembles fine meal.
- In a glass measuring cup, combine 3/4 cup buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Dough will be slightly sticky; do not overmix.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Gently pat into a 3/4-inch-thick circle.
- With a floured 3 or 3 1/2-inch cutter, cut out shortcakes and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Press dough scraps together and repeat to make 8 shortcakes.
- In a small bowl, toss almonds with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon buttermilk.
- Lightly press mixture onto shortcakes.
- Bake shortcakes for 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
- To serve, split shortcakes in half with a serrated knife.
- Set bottoms on dessert plates.
- Spoon on plum filling and mascarpone cream.
- Set tops on at an angle.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Calories per serving; 6 grams protein; 9 grams fat 0 gram saturated fat; 73 grams carbohydrate; 4 grams alcohol; 365 mg sodium; 14 mg cholesterol; 4 grams fiber
Full List of Dessert Recipes