Recipe Category: Portuguese
- 1 lb. smoked Polish sausage, sliced thin
- 2 1/2 lb. chicken pieces
- vegetable oil.
- salt and pepper.
- 2 chopped onion
- 1 c. rice, uncooked
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 tbsp. parsley
- 1 can pitted olives, drained and cut in half
- 1 3/4 c. chicken broth
- In large oven-proof kettle, brown sausage and onion
- Set aside
- In same kettle, brown chicken in small amount of oil, Set aside
- Add rice, broth, red pepper, parsley and olives to kettle
- Stir in sausage and onions
- Arrange chicken pieces on top
- Generously season with salt and pepper
- Cover and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees; remove cover and bake 5-10 minutes longer to absorb water
- Make extra rice, it’s great later!
Popular Portuguese Recipes
Full List of Portuguese Recipes
Popular Chicken Recipes
Full List of Chicken Recipes