Recipe Category: Portuguese
- 1 chuck roast, 4-5 lb. (bone or in boned)
- 1 c. water
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 chourico (gaspars)
- 1 can tomato soup or whole tomatoes, your choice
- potatoes, quartered.
- carrots, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- potatoes and carrots may be added if desired (very good this way).
- Braise chuck roast in roasting pan on both sides; add water, vinegar, and other ingredients
- Place chourico on top of roast
- Pour tomato soup over all, mixing liquids with spoon
- Place roast at 350 degrees with cover on and bake 2 to 2 1/2 hours
Popular Portuguese Recipes
Full List of Portuguese Recipes
- Portuguese-Style Turkey Steaks Recipe
- Recipe For Oven Fried Chicken
- Easy Potato Soup With Chicken Broth
Popular Chili Recipes
Full List of Chili Recipes