From around the world, your recipe results for Portuguese. Sorry for the lack of decent pictures – we’re working on it! Got a recipe for Portuguese you care to share?
- Portuguese Pork RecipeIngredients: 5 lbs. pork, cut into 2 inch cubes, 1 1/2 c. vinegar or white wine, 2 c. water, 4 cloves minced garlic, 3 bay leaves, 2 tsp. paprika, 2 tbsp. salt, 3 tbsp. oil METHOD:
- Portuguese Soup 6 RecipeIngredients: Shank bone, 1 lb. Chourico, 4 qts. water, 1 lb. split peas or kidney beans, 5 med. potatoes, 1 bunch of Kale or 2 boxes of frozen Kale, 1 cabbage, Salt & pepper to taste, Optional: 3 beef bouillon cubes METHOD: Cook bone and meat and peas in water until meat is tender, about ...
- Portuguese Soup 7 RecipeIngredients: 6 c. chicken broth, 1 lb. Kielbasa, diced, 1 lb. potatoes, diced, 1 (6 oz.) can kidney beans, 1 (15 oz.) can crushed tomatoes, 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped, 1 med. carrot, diced, 1 med. onion, diced, 1/3 green pepper, diced, 3 garlic cloves, minced METHOD:
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 22 RecipeIngredients: 1 1/2 c. milk, scalded, then cooled, 1/4 lb. (1 stick) butter, Grated rind of 1 lemon, 2 pkgs. granulated dry yeast, 1/2 c. warm water, 2 1/2 lbs. (10 c.) flour, 2 1/4 c. sugar, 3 lg. or 5 med. eggs METHOD: Add butter to milk, allow it to cool, then add lemon ...
- Portuguese Pickling Spice RecipeIngredients: 1 c. dry red wine, 1/4 c. oil and 1/4 c. wine vinegar, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 c. chopped onion, 1 tbsp. pickling spice, 4 whole cloves, Mix all together and marinate at room temperature. METHOD:
- Portuguese Holiday Bread RecipeIngredients: 5 lbs. flour, 2 doz. eggs, 3 bars of butter, melted, 2 oz. of olive oil, heated with butter, 1 sq. of yeast, 1 spoon baking powder METHOD: Beat eggs, mix flour, slowly add butter and oil., Melt yeast in warm water and add to flour mixture., Set aside to rise for 1 hour., ...
- Portuguese Biscuits RecipeIngredients: 3 c. flour, 1/2 c. sugar, 3 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 3/4 c. Crisco, Cut in Crisco like you would for pie crust. Mix 2 eggs, little milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; add to flour mixture. Roll into balls and bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees about 15 to 20 minutes. (NOTE: If mixture ...
- Portuguese Soup 11 RecipeIngredients: 2 beef shin bones or a few pieces of stewing beef, 1/4 c. navy beans, 1/2 lb. linguica, 1/2 head shredded cabbage, 1 pkg. frozen kale, 4 potatoes, diced, 2 lg. cans chicken broth, Dash of salt, 1 sm. can stewed tomatoes, 1 stick butter METHOD: Place beef, beans, potatoes and broth in large ...
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 14 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 22 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 8 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 19 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 23 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 18 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 3 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 13 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 15 Recipe
- Portuguese Sweet-Bread 20 Recipe