Recipe Category: Portuguese
- 4 tbsp. pickling spice
- soup meat (any kind of meat).
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt to taste.
- pepper to taste.
- 3 (8 oz. each) cans tomato sauce
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 loaf French bread
- fresh mint (optional).
- In tea strainer boil pickling spices along with soup meat (cut into small pieces), garlic, salt, pepper and tomato sauce
- Simmer 3 hours
- Before you serve, boil cabbage (cut in 1/8ths) and drain
- Slice bread and sprinkle with very little of cinnamon
- In bowls – layer bread, cabbage, sopas, and top with mint
- Makes a lot
Popular Portuguese Recipes
Full List of Portuguese Recipes
- Ligias Portuguese Roast Beef Recipe
- Tomato Sauce From Fresh Tomatoes With Skin
- Classic Portuguese Fish Recipe
Popular Bread Recipes
Full List of Bread Recipes