Popular Recipes in the category PUMPKIN-PIE
- Low Fat Classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Keto Mug Cake Recipe
- Keto Pumpkin Pie Fat Bombs Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Flan Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Mug Cake Recipe
- Carnation Pumpkin Pie Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Pumpkin Pie
Low Fat Classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons 1% milk, up to 5
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 15 ounces unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
TO MAKE CRUST: 1.
- In a small bowl, stir oil and 1/4 cup flour until smooth; cover and chill in the freezer until partially frozen, about 40 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk remaining 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut chilled oil-flour paste into dry ingredients until crumbly.
- With a fork, stir in milk just until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 7 or 8 times.
- Press into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate while preparing filling.
TO MAKE FILLING & BAKE PIE: 1.
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch pie pan or coat it with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add eggs and egg whites and whisk until well blended.
- Add pumpkin, whisking until smooth.
- Whisk in milk and vanilla.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into an 11-inch circle.
- Drape dough over rolling pin and fit it into prepared pie pan.
- Fold edges under and crimp.
- Place pie on a baking sheet.
- Pour filling into crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cover edges with strips of aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F; bake for 55 to 60 minutes more, or until center barely jiggles when the pan is tapped.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- Let cool.
- If not serving within an hour, loosely cover and refrigerate.
MAKES 8 SERVINGS.
- Calories per serving: 9 grams protein grams fat1 grams saturated fat grams carbohydrate; 395 mg sodium; 55 mg cholesterol: 2 grams fiber
Full List of Oven Recipes
Recipes similar to Pumpkin Pie Keyword=pumpkin-pie
- Pumpkin Pie with a Hint of Rum Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Recipe With Milk
- Pumpkin Pie With Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Keto Sweet Spice Islands Rub Recipe