Recipe Category: Cheesecake
- Serving Size : 1
- 3 pound ricotta – drained
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour – sifted
- graham cracker crumbs
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 grated rind of lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cream (optional) – whipped
- 8 egg whites
- Beat ricotta until smooth, gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar and egg yolks, beating after each addition.
- Beat in flour, lemon rind and vanilla.
- Beat egg whites with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold whipped cream and egg whites into ricotta mixture and turn into a 12″ spring form pan which has been well-buttered and sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for the first 10 minutes; lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool in oven with door closed.
- Freezes well.
- Dust with powdered sugar when served.
Popular Cheesecake Recipes
Full List of Cheesecake Recipes
Popular Oven Recipes
Full List of Oven Recipes