From our popular recipe results for Salads For Easter with suggestions below for easter, chicken, okra.
Recipe Category: Chicken
- recipe for: Kottopoula Me Mpamiez Chicken with Okra
- Serving Size : 8
- 3 pounds cut-up chicken parts (fryer)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 pounds fresh okra
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, medium – chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes, peeled – strained
- 2 cups water
- Wash the chickens.
- If they are whole, cut into serving pieces.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, and set them aside to drain.
- Wash the okra.
- Remove the stems carefully, without cutting the okra.
- Line them up in a large flat pan and sprinkle with the vinegar; place in the sun for 30 min to 1 hour.
- Brown the butter in a pot, add the chicken, and saute until brown, then add the onion and let it brown.
- Add the tomatoes and boil for 3 to 5 min Add water.
- Simmer for 30 min Add okra and continue to simmer, covered, until tender.
- Watch carefully as this may need a little more water.
- The okra will have absorbed the liquid and only the oil should remain when the dish is cooked.
More Recipes Similar to Salads For Easter
Popular Chicken Recipes