From our popular recipe results for Shredded Brussel Sprouts With Bacon with suggestions below for brussel-sprouts, vegetarian, olive-oil.
Recipe Category: Vegetarian
- Serving Size : 8
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion – peeled,sliced thin
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Trim off the stems and remove any limp leaves from the Brussel Sprouts.
- Blanch the sprouts in boiling water to cover for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil, garlic and onion.
- Saute a few minutes until the onion just becomes tender.
- Add the blanched drained Brussel Sprouts.
- Saute a few minutes until the Brussel Sprouts are cooked to your liking.
- Add the vinegar and toss so that all the sprouts are coated with the vinegar.
- Add the butter and salt and pepper to taste and toss together again.
More Recipes Similar to Shredded Brussel Sprouts With Bacon
- Marinated Pollock Appetizer Seafood Recipe
- Low-Fat Tex-Mex Turkey Chili Recipe
- Andhra-Style Tempeh Curry Indian Recipe
Popular Vegetarian Recipes