From our popular recipe results for Simple Breakfast Recipes With Bread with suggestions below for easy-breakfast, breakfast, baking.
Recipe Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size : 1
- ***FOR SOURDOUGH STARTER***
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 package dry yeast
- FOR HOT CAKES
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- To prepare starter: Mix together 2 cups flour, 2 cups warm water, and 1 pkg dry yeast in a bowl
- Cover with damp cloth and let stand in a warm place overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- If left in oven, there is not need to turn on oven; pilot light will provide enough heat or turn electric oven to warm.
- To prepare Hot Cakes:.
- Measure 1/2 cup sourdough starter and place in closed container
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Use 1/4 cup batter for one medium-size hot cake.
- Pour onto hot griddle.
- Turn hot cake when top is covered with bubbles and edges looked cooked.
- Brown on second side.
- Serve with honey and melted butter.
- Makes 8 Hot Cakes.
- The yarns about Alaska’s famous sourdough are as big as the country.
- The old-time prospectors and pioneers, nicknamed “sourdoughs,” wore their precious sourdough starter in a bag inside their shirts and slept with it under the covers to keep it from freezing.
- Trappers not only considered it their “staff of life” for the hot cakes, waffles, muffins and bread it made; they also used it for tanning hides!.
More Recipes Similar to Simple Breakfast Recipes With Bread
- Low Fat Pumpkin Bars Recipe
- Whole-Grain Cornbread Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Gluten-Free Oat Naan Indian Recipe
Popular Breakfast Recipes