From our popular recipe results for Simple Sponge Cake Recipe With 2 Eggs with suggestions below for sponge-cake, dessert, cake.
Recipe Category: Dessert
- Serving Size : 10
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine – soften
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup water – boiling
- 1/2 cup irish cream liqueur
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
irish cream glaze:
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons water – boiling
- 1 1/2 tablespoons irish cream liqueur
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds – toasted
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water; stir in liqueur.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in extracts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10″ bundt pan.
- Bake at 300: for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until tested done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10-15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool 30 minutes on wire rack.
- Brush with Irish cream glaze and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- GLAZE: Dissolve coffee granules in water; add liqueur and powdered sugar, stirring until blended.
- Makes 1/2 cup.
More Recipes Similar to Simple Sponge Cake Recipe With 2 Eggs
Popular Dessert Recipes