Popular Recipes in the category SPLIT-PEA
- Curried Pork and Split Pea Soup Slow Cooker Recipe
- Split Pea Soup with Pork Slow Cooker Recipe
- Split Pea Soup with Wild Rice Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Sweet and Sour Split Pea Soup Indian Recipe
- Split Pea Fritters Indian Recipe
- South Indian Split Pea Stew with Sambhar Recipe
From our Popular Recipe results for Split Peas
Low Fat Green Split-Pea Soup Recipe – Category: Low-Fat
- 1 pound green split peas, picked over and rinsed
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 leek, white part only , cut lengthwise in half
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary – or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh minced dill, for garnish, optional
- In a soaked 4-quart clay pot or a Dutch oven, combine peas, carrots, leek, onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and cardamom.
- Pour in 6 cups of water.
- Cover the pot and place in cold oven.
- Set oven temperature to 450°F; cook until peas are soft, about 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Check soup by stirring, the peas should be soft and mushy.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the carrots, leek, onion, thyme sprig if used, and bay leaf.
- Mash the soft garlic cloves into the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with dill.
- For a thinner soup, add vegetable broth.
- Makes 10 servings.
- Preparation time: About 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cooking time: About 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Per serving: About 176 cal, 12 g pro, 32 g car, 1 g fat, 5% cal from fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sod, 7 g fiber.
Recipes similar to Split Peas Keyword=split-peas