From our popular recipe results for Swedish Meatballs With Sour Cream with suggestions below for sour-cream, dessert, egg-dish.
Recipe Category: Dessert
- Serving Size : 8
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup margarine – melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple; crushed – undrained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks – slightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- For crust, combine crumbs, margarine and sugar in bowl; blend well with fork.
- Spoon crumb mixture into 9″ pie pan.
- Set an 8″ pie pan on top and press to make even crumb layer.
- Remove 8″ pie pan.
- Bake crust at 375 degrees for 8 minutes if desired, or use as is.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in medium saucepan.
- Stir in pineapple, sour cream and lemon juice; cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to boil.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 c of cooked mixture into beaten yolks; return filling/egg yolk mixture to remaining filling.
- Cook for 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon filling into crust.
- Make meringue by beating egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie filling; seal edges.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
More Recipes Similar to Swedish Meatballs With Sour Cream
Popular Dessert Recipes