From our popular recipe results for Turkey Pot Pie With Thanksgiving Leftovers with suggestions below for turkey-pot-pie, low-fat, dinner.
Recipe Category: Low-Fat
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- l0 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup egg substitute, or 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 12 manicotti shells, uncooked
- 4 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- In a 1-quart microwaveable dish, combine ground turkey, onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Microwave at High until meat is no longer pink, about 4 to 5 minutes, breaking up turkey after about 2 minutes.
- In large bowl, combine cottage cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, yogurt, egg substitute, parsley and turkey mixture.
- Stuff shells with 1/2 turkey mixture.
- In bottom of 9- by 13-inch microwaveable baking dish, spoon 2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Layer shells over sauce.
- Top shells with the remaining turkey mixture and 2 cups spaghetti sauce.
- Cover baking dish with vented plastic wrap.
- Microwave at High 10 minutes, turning dish after 5 minutes.
- Microwave at medium-high (70%) 17 minutes, turning dish after 8 1/2 minutes.
- Three minutes before cooking time is over, uncover dish and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over manicotti.
- Continue cooking.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
- Preparation time: About 25 to 27 minutes.
- Microwave time: About 32 minutes.
- Per serving: About 415 cal, 29 g pro, 45 g car, 11 g fat, 24% cal from fat, 67 mg cholesterol, 1282 mg sod, 2 g fiber.
More Recipes Similar to Turkey Pot Pie With Thanksgiving Leftovers
Popular Low-Fat Recipes